Just a few facts about the legend that was our Irish Constabulary who retired today:
– bred by Gerry Harvey’s Baramul Stud
– by Flying Spur out of Irish Truce
– born 25/11/2008
– bought by the eagle eyed John Symons for $85k at Magic Millions 2010
– raced first 28/11/2015, yep he was 7!
– 42 races for 11 wins, 13 placings, 6 4ths and a 5th
– 16 wet track starts for 8 wins and 6 placings has him flagged as a wet tracker, which no doubt he preferred, but his best wins, the Magic Millions Country Cup and his last win at Doomben from a tailed off last, were on firm tracks.
– beaten by a head in two Falvelons
– second in the Gr3 Healy Stakes
– prizemoney of $515,400
– retired 9/7/2020
Most importantly, a great group of owners and many wonderful people at Esprit Racing that were part of his story….great memories… for life.
Thanks Irish…here’s just a few memories!